Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

Phew! I don't know about you, but I was really worried for the folks in Hurricane Gustav's path. Very relieved to read this morning that it was downgraded to Category 2. All the stuff I had read yesterday was "storm of the century" and "possible Category 5". There are still folks waiting on insurance companies and such 3 years after Hurricane Katrina. I just can't imagine what another horribly damaging hurricane would have done to the area.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

What scares me is the Cried Wolf syndrome..the Authorities were making Gustav out to be Armafreakinggeddon and it fizzled so the next time, just you wait and see, people are just going to say 'meh' and stay put.

Susannity said...

I think you are right. I was amazed how many folks stayed behind as it was.