Monday, July 21, 2008

Sharing Recipes

One of the things I wanted to start posting about on my blog when I restarted was recipes. I haven't done so yet, but I was just thinking this weekend that I should start!

I was just reading this morning's copy of the Seattle PI and the main article addresses vegan businesses. It lists like 10 businesses in the Seattle area that are either all vegan or have a lot of vegan options. When I was at Pike Place Market last time, we got a vegan muffin and cookie at one of the bakeries. I wanted to try it out to see if they were as yummy as they looked. Unfortunately, after a couple bites, I was looking longingly at the non-vegan bakery offerings in the glass case. Even the kids didn't like it and that says a lot. I understand the reasons some turn to veganism. I grew up in the midwest primarily and my Dad is definitely a meat and potatoes kind of guy. However, I love to eat foods from all over the world and some of the dishes don't have any meat in them. I'd rather eat that interspersed in my diet rather than try to make a soy bean taste like a steak or a piece of bacon.

Speaking of which. Have you heard of bacon salt? I haven't tried it yet, but one of our good friends in the neighborhood over says their neighbors are the founders. I hear their bacon salt is all the rage with our troops and I wish them the best of luck with their business!

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love recipe blogs! I'm looking forward to your recipes!!!